Guide On Choosing A Wooden Worktop
1. Always choose a style that fits you. Look for a worktop that will fit your kitchen and your own taste. Many people consider oak as a classic material when it comes to wooden worktops. Oak is used in the common farm house kind of kitchen since it can provide a warm feel to the place and it has a notable pattern. Because American black walnut is bold but still beautiful, there are also many people that would choose it. The American black walnut and its rich chocolate tones will give light things the perfect contrast. In a kitchen where the problem is light, maple should be the choice of many people. Maple is creamy and pale but it has a grain structure that is lovely. Every bit of light will be reflected from the surface of the maple since it has a very smooth finish.
2. Quality should always be invested. You should know that there are many worktops out there that would fit the budget of any person looking for one but you should not forget the saying that goes, “The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.”. Those cheap worktops may be interesting but might be of low quality. If you properly maintain a wooden worktop that is of high quality, then it should last for a very long time and might even add more value to your property if the time will come that you will decide to sell it.
3. Preparation is a big factor. Before you can use a wooden worktop, I needs to be sealed. Finishing oil or Danish oil are the worktop oil that is the highly suggested treatment. The wooden worktops will have a barrier that is water resistant because of the treatment process done. The treatment process on the wooden worktops is considered to be very important since it will help make your worktops last for a long time that is why you should consider taking the time to properly do the procedure. If you do a poor treatment procedure on the worktops, it will have a shorter life span.
4. A perfectly fitted wooden worktop. You should always make sure that the plastering on these wooden worktops are perfectly done and is very dry, the sides of the wooden worktops should also have the right amount of oil before they are being fitted. Every time you fix the wooden worktops in the units of your kitchen, always make sure that you have the right amount of fixing points, with at least one fixing point on every corner. You should consider using expansion brackets that are slotted in order for your wooden worktops to have small contractions and expansions.
5. Always have a good maintenance on your wooden worktops. It is suggested that you should re-oil a wooden worktops at least twice in one year.